Safari Homestay recognizes the fragility of the natural environment and endeavors to reduce its ecological footprint. Our vision is to be a sustainable property and to support the preservation and protection of our planet’s natural resources. Safari Homestay green initiatives are:
- Source organic food and beverages by local producers.
- Use of energy efficient lighting.
- Rainwater harvesting.
- Maintain a tree nursery on the property.
- Recycling of grey water for use in gardens and tree nursery.
- Anaerobic digestion of organic waste; digestate is applied as an organic fertilizer in our gardens and tree nursery.
- Sorting of paper, metal, plastic, glass, and organic wastes for recycling.
- Support the natural regeneration of the Ivovoani Bush Farm at Ivovoani, Nthaani Village in the Makueni County of Kenya.