Kwitu Safari Homestay recognizes the fragility of the natural environment and endeavors to reduce its ecological footprint. Our vision is to be a sustainable property and to support the preservation and protection of our planet’s natural resources.
Kwitu Safari Homestay green initiatives are:
- Source organic food and beverages by local producers.
- Use of energy efficient lighting.
- Rainwater harvesting.
- Maintain a tree nursery on the property.
- Recycling of grey water for use in gardens and tree nursery.
- Sorting of paper, metal, plastic, glass, and organic wastes for recycling.
- Supports the regeneration of the Ivovoani Woodland (-1.917983, 37.209055) at Ivovoani, Nthaani Village in the Makueni County of Kenya.